Hey, loves! Guess what today is? I’ll give you a hint: cupcakes. You guessed it! I’m celebrating growing another year younger, whoop, whoop!! Each year seems to pass more quickly than the last and each year I stop and ask myself where it went. This year was no different. Taking the time to pause and assess the last twelve months I came to a very simple conclusion: I’m blessed. There’s no more to it, there’s no less. I can’t put into words how the past year has been for me. It had it’s ups and downs, I’ve said goodbye to some close relationships and said hello to new ones. I’ve even had to learn some very harsh lessons. Nevertheless, I’m here, I’m whole and I’m blessed.
Blogging has definitely been a journey for me, one that I’ve come to love but still, I’ve found it easy to hide behind surface posts, slightly intimidated with revealing the real me. You know, the not-so-glamorous me that gushes about her kids, spends her days off in sweats, thinks getting ready for events is a loathsome process, nerds out on the History channel, is ob-SESSED with The First 48, and calls a trip to Barnes & Noble Me Time. Well, no more. I want to get to know you all and I’d love for you to get to know me beyond my style. So, in honor of my 36th birthday I’m giving you guys thirty-six things you didn’t know about me. We’re about to get real close ya’ll, lol.
- My nickname is Ali like the boxer.
- I’m a mom to three littles, a girl (13) and two boys (10 & 12).
- I grew up in Southern California.
- I’m from a big family, with 10 uncles who all play the drums.
- As a kid, I wanted to be a drummer in a rock band (true story!).
- My favorite color is Midnight Blue. In fact, I can’t stand traditional “girlie” colors and prints like pinks, blushes and florals.
- I’m a bit of a tomboy and grew up playing sports.
- My favorite sports are softball and volleyball.
- I took Polynesian dancing for five years.
- I have an amazing photographic memory. Fun fact: I can get back to anywhere I’ve been to because I remember landmarks and buildings.
- Due to said memory, I remember faces phenomenally well.
- I LOOOOOVE musicals! My all-time faves are Westside Story (Nothing tops it in my book!), Phantom of the Opera (Because, well, it’s Phantom of the Opera!), and Bye, Bye Birdie (What ‘chall know about that?!).
- Because of my love for theater and the arts you can catch me singing and dancing anywhere.
- I’m always down for a good dance off. AND there’s 80’s music??! Oh, it’s on!
- Growing up I played six instruments and was in the band from 3rd-12th grade.
- To this day, I’m obsessed with 80’s music and 80’s teen movies. Teen Witch, Adventures in Babysitting, and Sixteen Candles are still a few of my faves.
- In high school I had an absolutely absurd and unhealthy crush on the Backstreet Boys. In fact, I FREAKED. OUT. when I heard they now have a Las Vegas residency (!!!!). I thought I was over this…
- N’SYNC who??? #BSB4LYFE
- My favorite tv show of all time is Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 1-3. I mean, Angel (insert dreamy heart eyes here)!
- I’ve always been creative. In high school, I’d write my own full episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and 7th Heaven for my friends.
- I’ve written two screenplays and am working on a third.
- I’m writing my first novel.
- My favorite super hero is Wolverine.
- My celebrity crush is Hugh Jackman (duh!).
- My kids taught me how to skateboard two years ago and I’m pretty decent.
- I prefer sneakers and wedges to heels any day!
- I’d rather be behind the camera than in front of it.
- I’m obsessed with my kids!
- I hate the sound of popping balloons.
- I’m a closet romantic (Shhhhhh! Don’t tell anyone).
- I’m a history nerd! I Loooove history, especially Egyptian and Ancient Greek mythology.
- I love books. I can wander around Barnes & Noble for hours.
- I studied American Sign Language for three years.
- I’m always down to get chocolate wasted. You don’t even have to ask.
- I have only one tattoo (that’s enough!)
- I love Jesus!
Whew! Ok, I know that was a lot, but I feel closer to you already. What are some things we have in common out of what I’ve listed? I’d love to know so leave me a comment in the box below. I can’t wait to find out! Thanks so much for stopping by, really getting to know me, and helping me celebrate my birthday. I hope you’ll come back soon.
Oh, and for those wanting to know, this ADORABLE sparkly dress was only $20 bucks form H & M and my gorgeous shoes were a steal from Shoedazzle. You can shop them and sign up to be s Shoedazzle VIP here.